Sunday, May 19, 2013

B-10 Rally MI Trip: Home from Home on the Road


Mike and I decided to hit the road early.  We use the macerator for the first time and were happy to see how well it worked. John was up and ready to go, too.  We both pull out about 6:45am.  This time crossing the bridge, we were charged $10.00 as a “motor home” instead of the dual axle $4.00 we paid on the way in. Mike started to argue, but quickly realized it was not worth it.  At Indian River we stopped with John for breakfast at Paula’s Cafe, right off I-75.  The walls were lined with teapots, in every possible style. The owner is a collector and they are not for sale.  The waitress told us that they don’t even have a teapot to serve tea in if a customer asks.  It was a great breakfast with outstanding fruit pancakes. 

The nine hours home went by quickly.  We listened to Pandora radio and I read Mike an internet story our oldest son sent us about the Iditarod.  We reminisced about our interesting new friends from the rally and started planning our next trip. We made it back home to Cleveland by 5:00pm. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog ... and it was a pleasure meeting you and Mike at the B-Rally. Wish I had seen the Advanced RVs before I bought my unit. They are definitely a quality vehicle and I was very impressed.

    I look forward to bringing my ERA in in the near future to have a cabinet and screen door installed similar to Dave from Utah. I was really impressed with the work done on his.

    ReplyDelete